Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is seeking a Research Technician to study the protein components of the RNAi machinery in cells, which can selectively silence genes, as well as complexes involved in DNA replication in Dr. Leemor Joshua-Tor’s laboratory.
Under general supervision, the Research Technician will assist scientists in the performance of laboratory and investigative procedures by performing a variety of routine experimental techniques such as cloning, gel electrophoresis, PCR, centrifugation, chromatography, and the like.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collecting, verifying, recording, and compiling data and information in support of research.
- Using software applications to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and test reports.
- Configuring and operating laboratory apparatus and instruments; reading and recording instrument data; tabulating data and keeping laboratory records
- Ordering chemicals, reagents and other laboratory supplies
- Participating in laboratory meetings and planning sessions
- Reading literature application to research areas as required.