The high-level job description has only one item: do whatever is necessary to help us progress in identifying cures for diseases.
Recursion is focused on conducting scalable biology, and leveraging computational approaches to extract maximum value from every dollar we spend in the laboratory. You'll join one of our biology teams, helping the lead scientists to rapidly evaluate and de-risk new technologies or validate our findings. The teams include:
- Innovation: generating ideas, insights and initial data that will drive Recursion's future growth by probing the most advanced new biological technologies or questions.
- Assay Development: piloting and optimizing proof of concept work from innovation before handing off to our High-Throughput Screening team, or
- Validation: testing our hits in orthogonal disease-specific assays in validation to help prioritize or de-prioritize for pre-clinical work.
Competitive salary and equity in Recursion are part of the deal, as are healthcare and any other benefits the company introduces in the future.
Questions the team is working on now:
- How do we screen every compound at its optimal concentration as efficiently as possible?
- What biological technologies enable us to model large disease sets, how clean is the technology, and how do we scale it?
- What extensions of our screening platform will yield the most useful data (e.g. new cell types, more time points, etc)?
- What other efficient biological assays could extend our platform most efficiently?
- How can we leverage the computational team to make predictions/decision that improve the efficiency of our experiments?