Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
A Research Technician I is needed in an immunology laboratory and will be responsible for performing standard and investigative laboratory work in support of scientific research by performing bench-level experiments, operating analytical instruments, recovering, compiling and verifying the accuracy of research data; performing calculations; preparing charts, graphs and summaries.
- Perform experiments at the bench level to support investigative work.
- Prepare and maintain laboratory reagents, stocks, cultures or cell lines.
- Perform and modify documented protocols and assays.
- Maintain laboratory records and compile data on experiments and assays.
- Interpret and report on experimental results.
- Perform statistical analysis of test results and prepare written reports on work performed.
- Operate and carry out basic maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Order and maintain appropriate levels of supplies.
- May supervise work-study students.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BA/BS in a scientific field required.
- Must have scientific knowledge in the area of study and basic laboratory skills.
- Ideal candidates will have some experience with lab work outside of school.
- In particular, experience with flow cytometry and/or T cell culture is preferred but not required.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE