Provides high level support for the services of the Proteomics and Metabolomics Core Facility within Weill Cornell Medicine (WCM). Responsibilities for this position include proteomics/metabolomics project planning, method development, sample preparation, data generation, data analysis and data interpretation.
- Plays a key role in support of WCM Proteomics and Metabolomics Core Facility’s services and in ensuring that a high level of service is provided to internal constituents and to outside investigators.
- Operates LC-MS instruments for the analysis of peptides and metabolites. Tracks quality assessment metrics for services. Maintains and troubleshoots HPLC, UPLC and Orbitrap mass spectrometers.
- Performs sample preparation, data generation and data analysis. Generates project reports.
- Performs method development and optimization to support core users with customized analytical needs.
- Participates in writing and publishing scientific papers, and presenting research results at conferences and workshops.
- Interacts with core users, providing consultation on sample preparation and data interpretation.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ph.D. in chemistry or biochemistry is highly desired.
- Approximately 3-5 years of related work experience within a laboratory
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of proteomics and/or metabolomics technologies, LC-MS techniques and data analysis.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Standard laboratory conditions.
- This position may handle radioactive material and/or biologic materials from human subjects as required.
- This position may require standing or sitting for long periods of time.
- This role may require working within Biologic Safety Level 1, 2 and/or 3 facilities.