- Conduct various complex tests, experiments and/or procedures following protocols of assigned research projects
- Apply and interpret theoretical knowledge necessary to conduct research in one or more scientific disciplines
- Identify potential problems, recommend and implement solutions, and collaborate in the development of new techniques
- Monitor and collect data as required by research protocols
- Maintain appropriate documentation of research results, as required by research protocols.
- Search literature demonstrating an understanding of scientific, experimental and/or research theory to assist in the design of methods, procedures, and techniques
- May configure, operate and/or maintain specialized equipment
- May use software applications to assemble, manipulate, format and/or perform statistical analysis of data
- May train others in laboratory techniques and the use of laboratory equipment
- May assist in writing grants, progress reports, and manuscripts
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. and 1 year of postdoctoral experience
- Recent bench work experience required
- Ability to prepare research reports
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understanding scientific, experimental and or research theory
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee
May direct other lab staff and students.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
The position involves work in a laboratory and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals and human specimens