Our group is a part of an NIH supported, internationally collaborated Reactome project, the most comprehensive, open source biological pathway knowledgebase, widely used in the community for Systems Biology data analysis and visualization. We have an immediate opening for a software programmer with strong Java programming experience. As a research programmer, you will be working on a newly NIH funded project to develop a Reactome portal for the NIH Illuminating the Druggable Genome (IDG) Program by integrating Reactome web-based widgets with large data sets covering understudied proteins in the context of biological pathways and networks in a cloud computing environment. Extensive and solid Java programming experience is required.
- Develop new features to existing Reactome GWT widgets to display a variety of data sources to support visualization of understudied proteins in the context of pathways and networks
- Develop a server-side application to integrate multiple data sources to support prediction of functional interactions among proteins
- Maintain the code using GitHub and document the source code by following standard procedures in software development
- Work with a global team to expand the reach of Reactome into the community
- Assist in preparing progress reports, scientific manuscripts, and new grant applications