Research Scientist/Scientist I/Scientist II 2016-088
SomaLogic is a private biomedical science company that developed a revolutionary proteomics assay capable of measuring thousands of different protein epitopes. We are a dedicated team of scientists, bioinformaticians, statisticians, and software developers working to build tools that change the way proteomic research is done and healthcare is delivered. Come apply your technical expertise to making healthcare better for your loved ones and the whole world.
The qualified candidate will have an integral role in our SOMAmer® Discovery NextGen Sequencing (NGS) Group, contributing hands-on to the development and execution of all NGS-related applications. The ideal candidate will have the desire and qualifications to perform both wet-lab molecular biology experimentation and bioinformatics analysis of NGS data.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Plan, execute and analyze experiments aimed at developing novel targeted NGS assays.
- Perform custom processing of raw sequence data, and develop/optimize data processing tools.
- Contribute to the group's processing of 1000's of nucleic acid samples per year from the SELEX pipeline for NGS.
- Help define and assist in testing new data analysis and management requirements for in house LIMS and custom database systems.
- Help to monitor sequence quality and NGS prep methods, maintain sample tracking, and optimize processes as needed.
- Communicate findings regularly in written documentation and at meetings.
Skills & Requirements
B.S. with 10 years of related experience, M.S. with 7 years of related experience, or a Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related fields with minimum of 3 years of lab experience. Solid understanding of molecular biology techniques with an emphasis on nucleic acid and protein research techniques and assays desired.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive hands-on molecular biology techniques and scientific instrumentation proficiency required.
- Solid PCR, qPCR, PAGE, nucleic acid extraction/purification skills are critical. Experience with NGS sample prep, instrumentation and computational methods, diagnostic assay development, lab automation and high throughput work, would be especially helpful.
- Solid Statistical Analysis and Computational skills related to processing and analyzing NGS data.
- The position requires collaborative communication within and across teams, a detail-oriented approach to work, and the ability to follow SOPs, adhere to timelines, organize, analyze and document experimental results.
The qualified candidate will be part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. Work is in a typical laboratory environment with personal protective equipment use required. Knowledge and adherence to safety policies and procedures is a must.