This is a unique opportunity to join a talented team of scientists developing groundbreaking sequencing technologies that are transforming healthcare and basic research. You will join the dynamic, multidisciplinary, team that builds, optimizes and commercialises the core biochemistries that underpin Illumina Sequencing platforms. You will be responsible for developing high performance, robust and very well characterized products, assays and processes that meet the needs and expectations of a wide range of customers, including those using Illumina technologies for diagnostic applications. You should have prior experience of commercial product development. Experience of developing diagnostic assays and of working under Quality System regulations is also desirable.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate in development projects for Illumina’s DNA sequencers, designing and testing new reagents and assays in an effort to improve sequencing accuracy & throughput, system robustness and costs.
- Design experiments and analyze complex data sets. Interpret and present results demonstrating feasibility of new protocols.
- Document plans, processes and results, in accordance with Illumina product development processes and appropriate quality system regulations.
- Optimize and simplify complex assays to achieve commercial levels of stability and performance
- Solve complex developmental challenges and troubleshoot technical issues with sequencing workflows
- Presentation of results to colleagues.
- Manage cross-functional team to efficiently move products through pipeline
- Build strong working relationships across sites and functional areas
This is a rare opportunity to work with a team at that develops core products for Illumina’s NGS technology platform. It would suit an experienced scientist who can clearly demonstrate the ability to develop robust assays for a fast paced product development function. Candidates form disciplines/industries such as medical diagnostics and clinical detection would be encouraged to apply.