Lead routine high-throughput library generation, sequencing and analysis of clinical samples. The Research Scientist is primarily responsible for sample tracking and processing from initial receipt of the sample to final data curation. She/He will demonstrate rigorous attention to detail and good laboratory practice. This individual will collaborate closely with internal R&D teams to support routine sequencing needs. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a clinical laboratory environment and experience with NGS analysis of cancer samples.
- On-time delivery of routine sequencing results to ensure that internal and external deadlines are met
- Basic interpretation of NGS data
- Management of junior scientists
- Meticulous specimen and data curation
- Maintaining detailed, accurate and accessible records of experimental design and results
- Routine sample processing and sequencing to support R&D efforts
- Responsible for the setup and organization of a lab management system for sample tracking (LIMS)
- Working directly with production to transfer screened materials into inventory system.