Requisition ID 35934BR
Title Research Scientist, Obesity
Job Category Research & Development
Job Description PURPOSE:
Demonstrates scientific leadership through technical support to the target discovery program and peer leadership to their research team/group. The Research Scientist will be highly proficient in the focus area of gastrointestinal systems/gut hormones and bile acids as regulators of energy, systemic metabolism, nutrient absorption, and hypothalamic control of food intake and body weight.
Reports to Obesity Management. Internal relationships include working with research employees, project managers, as well as colleagues in Diabetes & Obesity Research within Novo Nordisk Inc., Novo Nordisk A/S, and Novo Nordisk Beijing. External relationships include relevant parts of the obesity research community, including key opinion leaders
• Drafts scientific reports and prepares presentation slides through demonstrated expertise in a specific focus area.
• May attend external scientific meetings and conferences.
• May lead research projects and programs through cross collaboration of teams.
• Accurately interprets experimental data and formulates conclusions and communicates data externally.
• Maintains scientific awareness and expertise through literature and attendance at relevant conferences.
• Provides support to the site and global business strategy through technical awareness, scientific strategic leadership, and by ensuring state-of-the-art competency within expertise area.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• A Ph.D. with a minimum of 3 years post-doctoral experience or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of bile acids and GI physiology especially as related to metabolism, and the control of food intake and body weight and extensive knowledge of molecular and cellular mechanisms involved in gut hormone signaling and bile acid physiology.
• Extensive knowledge of rodent neuroanatomy and histochemical techniques and analysis
• Experienced/willingness to perform animal necropsy and tissue processing from several species, including rodent and nonhuman primate
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
• Ability to influence, communicate and collaborate across a global organization. Demonstrates expertise in scientific field and ability to apply skills to contribute to organization strategy
• Demonstrates strong understanding of complex scientific procedures with technical proficiency
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required
• Approximately 10% overnight travel
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Additionally, this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Department NNRC - IN VIVO PHARMACOLOGY AND SAFETY
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
City SEATTLE ...cont.