HLI-X, HLI’s research group will design and engineer advanced programs for analysis of the most comprehensive human genome, microbiome, metabolome, proteome and phenotype data available. This will be achieved by leveraging and assessing the most advanced data gathered for the purpose of healthier aging and overall human wellness. This is an exceptional opportunity for the Software Engineer who wants to contribute to the treatment and cure of major human disease.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Apply machine learning/AI techniques for a variety of modeling and relevance problems
- Design and evaluate novel approaches for handling high-volume real-time data streams
- Code using primarily C++, C, Python, Java, Scala in a Unix/Linux environment
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Interface with Research Scientists
- Work with large unstructured and structured data sets
- Prototype, develop and test new algorithms
- Analyze existing empirical data sets to develop performance metrics for real-time as well as post-hoc use
- Improve the computational efficiency and scalability of various statistical models
Minimum Qualifications (Must have)
- MS or PhD with a focus on Computer Science, Machine Learning/AI, Quantitative Genomics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Signal Processing, or Natural Language Processing.
- Graduates from other relevant scientific or engineering fields would also be considered.
- Software coding experience with C++ or Java/Scala, Python, in a Linux environment
- Strong system building, problem solving and data structures experience
- Candidates would ideally have experience with large scale systems and server-side technologies
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Global experience
- Open office environment
- Global environment with multiple sites, which may require work beyond standard business hours
- Occasional travel may be required