The Research Scientist I, under minimal supervision, conducts bench scientific experimentation that advances the basic science of nucleic acids and nucleic acid biochemistry and assists with development, characterization and quality control of new IDT genomics products. This position is responsible for supporting current and new product lines, planning and executing experiments, analyzing data and reporting/presenting findings.
- Performs routine cell culture and transfections using aseptic techniques
- Optimizes functional genomics technologies, including CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing, RNAi, and Antisense
- Performs and defines quality control tests for functional genomics products
- Conducts functional assessment on genomics products following any manufacturing process changes
- Applies knowledge of basic science and employs basic laboratory skills to execute bench experiments using variety of molecular biology, cell biology, biochemical and general laboratory techniques as directed.
- Analyzes raw data and reports results.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of experimental work.
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports for internal use.
- Interacts with and assists other members of the R&D team as needed to meet research & development objectives.
- Interacts with and assists IDT employees outside of the R&D team as directed to meet company objectives.
- Presents technical data at group meetings as directed.
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory cleanliness and equipment.
- Uses radioactive materials and autoradiography, on occasion, during the course of experimental work.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry, or a related life sciences field required.
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Experience in mammalian cell culture preferred
- Experience in cell transfection methods preferred
- Experience in PCR and RT-qPCR preferred
- Experience in DNA cloning preferred
- Previous lab experience in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, chemistry or other scientific discipline preferred.
- Familiarity with DNA sequence analysis/bioinformatics applications preferred.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and maintain several projects at one time.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.