About the job:
The Institute of Health Informatics in the University of Minnesota is seeking 2 masters or Ph.D. level Bioinformaticians to join a team working on multiple basic and clinical research projects in the field of sequencing technology, genome research and human diseases. The positions are an annually renewable professional academic appointments.
Duties for these positions include performing RNA-seq and ChIP-seq data analysis, data analyses of ongoing and completed clinical trials, analyses of cohort studies, Web contents and database management, working with internal or external investigators on the design, development and implementation of protocols, writing bioinformatics and statistical analyses plans, reviewing protocols, generating data reports for ongoing studies, and working with investigators on manuscript and presentation preparation.
We provide competitive salary and fringe benefits, and a collegial work environment in a team of experienced bio-statisticians.
50% genomics and bioinformatics consultation services:
- Performing genomics data analysis generated with variety of modern research platforms
- Performing sequencing and next generation sequencing data analysis
- Maintaining data integration in the local devices, GEO data submission
- Creating and maintaining tools, scripts and web tools for data analysis and exchange
50% research and development:
- New protocols and pipelines research development
- Developing tool package and pipelines for single cell sequencing data analysis
- Developing tool package and pipelines for nanopore sequencing data analysis
- Developing analysis protocols for biomarker discovery
How To Apply:
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume. Link to application, job code #313621 :
You are also welcome to email your application to Elizabeth Madson at [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time
- Master's or PhD
- bioinformatics: 0-1 year