GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Laboratory Technician I, performs a variety of specimen preparatory techniques, dry lab data collection, and routine laboratory maintenance.
The ideal candidate should have lab experiences to include at a minimum the candidate should be able to perform ELISAs, cloning, genotyping, PCR and qRT-PCR.
- Perform a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
- Assist in more complex laboratory tasks
- Collect, analyze, and process laboratory samples
- Record results, organize data, and perform basic computations
- Maintain laboratory supplies and equipment
- Comply with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.