Finding the cancer therapies of tomorrow requires visionary thinking and innovative research today. The Van Andel Research Institute–Stand Up To Cancer (VARI–SU2C) Epigenetics Dream Team fosters collaboration between several of the world’s most respected research institutions in an effort to translate scientific discoveries into new standards of patient care. The goal is simple—get new and more effective cancer therapies to patients faster.
We are looking to add an integral member to our team who will join a fast-paced department and be able to juggle multiple and evolving priorities.
We are a small, agile, and cross-functional team – so we need a dynamic self-starter to hit the ground running and work well in a fluid, collaborative setting!
As a Research Informatics Specialist Associate on our team, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing clinical trial correlative research projects. We currently are involved in six ongoing multi-institutional early phase trials involving epigenetics agents used in combination in hematologic and solid tumor malignancies with robust correlative research efforts. All of these trials are conducted in partnership with our member institutions, including Fox Chase, Johns Hopkins, Memorial Sloan Kettering, University of Copenhagen/Rigshospitalet, University of Southern California, University of Maryland, and Temple University. Additionally, we rely and value our rich partnerships with the pharmaceutical industry. Learn more about VARI-SU2C here.
Duties include, but not limited to:
Managing Correlative Research Projects
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee the execution of correlative research coordinated by VARI for the VARI-SU2C program.
- In a customer service-oriented manner discuss the plans for correlative research, data analysis, and deliverables with the clinical trial PIs, consortium members, VARI investigators and research staff, and collaborators.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of correlative research SOPs including raw assay analyses, data upload, data storage, genomic data storage, clinical data coding/de-identification, etc.
Bioinformatics & Data Management
- Oversee the development of data hub for VARI-SU2C consortium.
- Interpret bioinformatics data.
- Oversee database and report setup, as well as processing and cleaning correlative research data, following all applicable standard and study-specific procedures.