At a Glance:
Van Andel Research Institute’s Laboratory of Systems Biology has a position available for one Research Associate.
This Research Associate position is available immediately for a motivated individual who meets the qualifications and description outlined below. This individual will use molecular and cell biology approaches to investigate genetic diseases, cancer, and/or tumor syndromes.
Description of a Successful Candidate:
*A hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves researcher who likes to be challenged; a natural collaborator comfortable interacting at all levels
* Uses a "systems biology" approach, and has fun in the process
*A team player who proactively shares knowledge and expertise with lab members
*A driven individual; able to exhibit exceptional research productivity
*To sum it up, a scientist who demonstrates the lab’s core values: creative, motivated, collaborative, and optimistic, with a strong desire to impact human health
After the first year, a superior Research Associate would:
* Be a recognized leader within the laboratory, leading informally and by example. Lab members should voluntarily go to the Research Associate for best practices in technical protocols, laboratory processes, and assistance with experimental execution.
* Produce high quality data and make original project contributions, serving as preliminary data for continued or new research funding.
* Exemplify lab core values through hard work ethic, professionalism, a positive attitude, and contributing to the lab’s fun culture.
* Actively engage lab members and collaborators for feedback and valuable input, and happily assist other team members and colleagues when needed.
* Successfully manage an ambitious workload, while proactively thinking ahead to future experiments and directions.
For more information about the MacKeigan Lab, please visit:
Position Status and Salary: Full-time, exempt position. Salary will be commensurate with education, relevant work experience, and other qualifications.
This individual will also be eligible for the following Benefits:
* Medical, dental and vision coverage
* Employer-sponsored life and AD&D insurance
* Additional voluntary life and AD&D insurance for employees and dependents
* Short-term and long-term disability insurance
* Flexible-spending accounts for health and child/elder care
* 401 K retirement savings plans with employee/employer contributions
* Paid vacation, holidays, personal days