Requisition ID 40524BR
Title Research Associate, Research Technologies (LCMS and Bioanalysis)
Job Category Research & Development
Job Description PURPOSE:
Provides technical support to the target discovery program and peer leadership to the Research Technologies team. Responsible for research experiments and data integrity, as assigned by management. Under guidance, conduct bioanalysis using liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LCMS) experiments designed by research staff in support of the target discovery program.
Reports to the head of the Research Technologies. Internal relationships include working with research employees, project managers, as well as colleagues in Diabetes & Obesity Research in Novo Nordisk Inc., and Novo Nordisk A/S. External relationships include those with business partners, industry associations, legislative bodies, and focus patient representative groups.
• Performs advanced quantitative LCMS techniques to support multiple target discovery efforts.
• Quantification of peptide/proteins candidates in plasma samples by LCMS.
• Sample preparation of biological samples (mainly plasma samples) by e.g., protein precipitation and solid phase extraction.
• Assists Research Scientist in designing and performing laboratory research experiments; demonstrates an understanding of experimental concepts, objectives, and concepts of experimental design.
• Completes assignments of limited scope and complexity requiring a basic knowledge of techniques and practices related to the research area.
• Developing the knowledge and skills needed to support development and management of research protocols in support of multiple drug discovery efforts.
• Supports business goals, shares learnings, knowledge and skills, and cross-functional teamwork.
• Ensures data integrity and quality. Conducts data analysis and documentation of data. Maintains electronic laboratory notebooks.
• Identify the correct methods and perform manual calculations for sample preparation.
• Manages site inventory. Orders laboratory supplies and equipment. Maintains the laboratories and perform other job related duties as assigned.
• Uses knowledge and experiences to interpret and properly document experimental data.
• Works with Department Heads and Scientists to ensure better practice sharing and implementation within the lab.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience; Associate's Degree and additional, relevant experience may be acceptable. Candidates with a minimum of 4 years’ experience may be evaluated at the Sr. Research Associate level.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience with advanced quantitative LCMS bioanalysis.
• Experience with sample preparation of biological samples (mainly plasma) such as e.g., solid phase extraction and protein precipitation.
• Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting LCMS technologies and instrumentations
• Experience with data acquisition systems and process of data from MS equipment.
• Experience with data spreadsheets for data analysis
• Strong analytical mind set for method development and data quality.
• Approximately 5% overnight travel
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Additionally, this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Department NNRC - RESEARCH TECHNOLOGIES
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.