Are you seeking an exciting change of pace in your career? Twist Bioscience is seeking a Research Associate, Production Development interested in working at our exciting start-up located in South San Francisco. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy supporting and delivering world-class products that meet both external and internal customer needs.
As a Research Associate in the Production Development group, you will use your skills in biochemistry and/or molecular biology to interface between R&D and operations to establish new processes at scale for gene synthesis products in manufacturing. You will collaborate with the QC team to identify key control points and qualify all new methods. You will report to the Manager, Tech Transfer and will work cross-functionally with other teams to verify and validate all new processes.
This is a role for someone who craves a challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering high quality products for Twist. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty should not apply.
- Work hand-in-hand with R&D to gain thorough understanding of new product designs
- Collaborate with R&D to transform process knowledge into high throughput production methods for gene synthesis
- Independently design experimental plans, perform studies, and analyze and report study results and recommendations both verbally and in written formats
- Work with product requirements to define product specifications, processing parameters and operational boundaries
- Collaborate with the automation team to optimize methods at scale
- Collaborate with the QC team to evaluate new methods at scale
- Set up part numbers and bills of material
- Interact with database to track samples
- Become fluent with end-to-end gene synthesis workflow
- Write work instructions, SOP’s and training documents for manufacturing operators
- Train manufacturing operators
- Write verification and validation test plans
- Work cross-functionally to execute V&V plans and evaluate results