Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Research Associate (Next Generation DNA Sequencing)
Chesterford Research Park, Cambridgeshire, UK
Full Time / Permanent Position
Generous remuneration package which would include company bonus scheme, 10% pension, private healthcare, gym membership and more!
Do you have an interest in genetics, genomics and DNA sequencing?
Do you have laboratory experience using biochemistry or molecular biology techniques?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with the world leader in Next Generation Sequencing technology?
At Illumina, we develop innovative technologies for studying genetic variation and function, enabling our customers to perform studies that were not even imaginable just a few years ago.
Illumina currently has an opportunity for a Research Associate to join a dynamic, team-oriented workplace to help creating Next Generation Sequencing products which are used at the forefront of research into disease association and personalized medicine. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of robust Next Sequencing products and will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver projects as part of the Reagent and Consumables Product Development group.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Development and optimisation of Next Generation Sequencing methodologies
- Operation of Next Generation Sequencing instruments
- Development of non-sequencing based assays to assess reagent performance
- Experiment planning, execution, troubleshooting, data analysis and interpretation
- Analysis of complex/large data sets
- Effective presentation and communication of results to colleagues
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively is essential
- Maintain strong working relationships within a multi-disciplinary environment
- An ability to be flexible in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Degree in the biological sciences is required
- Proven laboratory experience in an industrial setting is highly desirable, though applications from both recent graduates and those with more experience are welcome
- An ability to troubleshoot molecular biology and biochemistry issues
- Understanding of nucleic acid biochemistry and the application of molecular biology techniques.
- Working knowledge of, or a background in, Next Generation Sequencing would be advantageous
- Detail-oriented and organised, with an ability to implement complex protocols
- Demonstrate an ability to document procedures and results in a detailed laboratory notebook
- A demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in standard computer skills, PowerPoint and Excel
This role would suit a candidate with already-proven laboratory experience in industry or academia, with good molecular biology and/ or biochemistry skills, who is looking for an opportunity to work with the market leader in Next Generation Sequencing technology.
Illumina offer an industry leading remuneration package, state of the art facilities and an innovative, fast-moving work environment.
Interested parties will need to apply via our careers website and use the reference 7300BR
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.