ROLE MISSION:Advance SeraCare’s purpose of understanding disease by supporting the research and development of new precision diagnostic products. Support includes independently performing routine and non-routine applications of cellular/molecular genetic technology to quantitate and manipulate genetic material.
- Perform general molecular techniques such as nucleic acid purification, gel-electrophoresis, RNA transcription, cell culture, and bacterial culture.
- Perform nucleic acid analysis (RNA/DNA integrity analysis, real time qPCR, digital PCR) and analyze results.
- Culture cells using aseptic techniques. Introduce nucleic acids into cultured cells.
- Prepare and assess NGS libraries for sequencing.
- Organize projects and data using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and a document control system (EtQ).
- Work with supervisor to plan and execute proof of concept experiments as assigned according to the timelines and ensure documentation meets GLP/GMP requirements.
- Record test results and data records, seek appropriate approval and file according to established procedures.
- Maintain, calibrate and operate equipment according to established protocols. Monitorequipment for appropriate operation within set parameters and refer abnormal results to lab management.
- Plan for raw material requirements by maintaining appropriate inventory of reagents and ordering reagents as needed through an ERP system (SAP).
- Maintain a clean and safe lab environment.