The Research Associate’s main responsibility is executing experimental protocols and data collection for the development of new products and product improvement. S/he is expected to actively participate in experimental design as well as data interpretation. Areas of research and development may include any of Vector’s product lines and applications. As such, the successful candidate is expected to learn the function and understand the manufacturing process of all Vector products. The candidate must be able to record, compile and communicate data in a clear and concise manner. The technical experience required for this position includes some of the following areas: protein purification and conjugation, chromatography and immunoassays. The Research Associate relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under general supervision.
Essential Job Functions
- Orders and restocks supplies
- Prepares reagents and buffers
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment
- Executes experimental protocols and collects and collates data
- Ensures proper Design Control procedures and documentation requirements are followed
- Provides clearly written and complete documentation of experimental results
- Writes and revises documents according to established requirements
- Works with all functions within Vector Labs to launch new products
- Participates as needed on project teams
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe laboratory environment following health and safety guidelines
- BS or BA degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Life Science.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- 2 – 4 years of related laboratory experience
- Independent thinker; able to make sound decisions and judgments.
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints on multiple projects while maintaining a high level of work quality
- Knowledge of biochemical processes including: spectrophotometry, FPLC and protein purification and conjugation
- Ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities
- Adaptable to change and able to learn new procedures and techniques
- Ability and willingness to accurately and efficiently follow direction
Vector Labs offers competitive salary and benefits.
Vector Labs is an EEO Employer.