GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join a dynamic research team in the area of pluripotent stem cell biology. The Research Associate will apply cutting edge CRISPR technologies and closely interact with other lab members to design and execute (epi-)genome editing projects. Depending on the qualification and expertise of the individual the individual will primarily focus on applying CRISPR technologies in human pluripotent stem cells and molecular characterizing generated pluripotent stem cell lines. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cell culture and molecular biology.
- Propagation and maintenance of human pluripotent stem cells
- Molecular Biology to support plasmid generation and characterization of cells
- Basic cell biology (immunofluorescence microscopy) to support cell characterization
- Testing and troubleshooting new methods and equipment
- Maintain meticulous records and organize cell lines and reagents
- Work closely in a team setting with other scientists to coordinate experiments
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Associate I performs a variety of complex research experiments.
- Perform complex laboratory experiments
- Conduct in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Interpret data, form conclusions, and decide on and plan the next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Write standard operating procedures, schedule work, analyze data, maintain accurate records, and write reports
- Compile and analyze data. Perform computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- May assist with budget and/or operational aspects of grant and contract proposals
- Assist in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Review literature
- Train new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Comply with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in the Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of relevant research experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise aides, technicians, and associates
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.