Our Research Associate will be responsible for facilitating ongoing research activities including, but not restricted to, being an active member of our team in developing new assays for IHC, histology and quantification of histological data.
The successful candidate will be a high energy, confident individual possessing strong analytical skills, proven experience managing confidential information in a professional manner and able to communicate information both verbally and in writing.
- Histochemical processing and staining of all tissue samples (namely H&E, IHC and Immunofluorescence Staining).
- • Cataloging tissue samples, specimen blocks and stained slides for different projects. As a team member, show documented participation in our quality management system when required, according to the guidelines and instructions concurrent to CLIA/FDA/ASCO/CAP whenever it is warranted. Always maintain a very high standard of quality of work.
- Documenting and assisting in presentation of data in internal meetings.
- Maintaining accurate records of all tissue samples for histological analysis. Maintaining a lab notebook with accurate data and writing a summary of each project.
- Collaborating with team members in bringing strategic solutions to ongoing problems and developing new tools.
- Working closely with the other Scientists and Pathologist to forge effective collaborations with other investigators in order to insure a steady stream of high quality discovery projects in the company’s portfolio.
- Accurately completing QC records, reports and other statistical information for master files or databases. Follow laboratory policy for data retrieval, record keeping, specimen and identification, requisition, reporting, charting, and billing procedures.
- Participating in QC/QI for area of specialty and lab indicators. Do not report patient results unless quality control data are within accepted parameters. Recognizes out of control values, takes corrective action, and notifies others of changes. Complies with laboratory Quality Assurance Procedures & Ensuring Quality, Accuracy, TAT are maintained as per norms.
- Complying with laboratory Safety Procedures. Complete education necessary to maintain licensure or certification for the job.