We have an opening for an Research Associate in the Oncogenomics Core Facility in the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami (Position #P00007534). We are an expanding facility with a focus on gene expression and epigenetics.
Job description is summarized below:
The Oncogenomics Core Facility (OCF) at the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center (SCCC) provides genomics services to investigators across the University of Miami with a focus on services relevant to the study of cancer and epigenetics. Instrumentation in the core includes equipment from: Illumina, nanoString, Raindance, Fluidigm and Roche.
This individual will report to the Director of the OCF and work in a team of research associates responsible for performing nucleic acid isolation and QC, qPCR, ddPCR, gene expression assays, miRNA assays, and next generation sequencing (NGS).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the daily operation of the laboratory, which includes the following:
• Developing proficiency with the lab techniques routinely employed in the OCF.
• Perform complex and routine molecular biology and other laboratory procedures as instructed.
• Develop, adapt and implement new lab procedures with supervision.
• Design and implement SOPs and protocols for the OCF.
• Record and report data accurately and in a timely manner.
• Communicate clearly and professionally with OCF customers and other University of Miami staff.
• Manage the organization of instruments, supplies, service contracts, requisition forms, financial documents and service schedules.
• Assist with billing and collecting for services, constructing and maintaining facility budgets and ordering supplies.
• Keep abreast of the latest developments in genomics technologies and be able to search literature databases and technical resources for solutions to problems.
Please apply through our careers portal at: https://careers.med.miami.edu/ and search for position "P00007534"