If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.
This job is ideal for someone who loves research, has recently earned or will soon earn a PhD, wants to improve health care, and enjoys the rigorous process of creating, developing and testing innovative ideas. Work will begin under the direction of a senior member of UnitedHealth Group R&D scientific leadership group.
- Research, analyze, and report on genomics-related innovation opportunities
- Participate in developing a multi-year research program which aims to improve health through innovative research, technology, service delivery, and data analytics
- Act as liaison between the company’s scientific leadership and research teams
- Recommend, co-design and lead specific research initiatives
- Work with statisticians in the analysis and interpretation of data
- Mentor and learn from other researchers in conceptual and data analysis
- Ensure completion of projects on time and at high quality
- Review experimental designs, statistical analyses, and provide critical thinking
- Facilitate team environment and model good communication
- Ensure compliance with IRB requirements and ethical standards for research/practice
- Remain current with developments in the field and relevant literature