By joining 10x Genomics, you can become an integral part of helping enable our customers expand the ways they explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
10x Genomics is seeking an Associate Scientist to enable the development of processes and products required for ongoing product commercialization.
The successful candidate will work closely with development scientists, designing and performing molecular biology and analytical experiments, collecting and analyzing the resultant data. This person must have a thorough understanding of the chemistries and methodologies being performed. Must have excellent lab skills, understanding of good experimental design and use of controls, and ability to analyze the data with a preference in the use of statistical techniques. Requires a high level of productivity and a high level of confidence in the integrity of the data. This position also requires the ability to professionally communicate and work in a highly interactive and focused team.
The ideal candidate has 2+ years of demonstrated relevant experience, a high level of education in molecular biology and analytical techniques. Degree should be BSc or MSc in molecular biology or analytical chemistry. Preference is that this candidate has experience in library preparation for Next Generation Sequencing.
- Design and perform bench top experiments using molecular biology and analytical techniques, with excellent use of controls and experimental design.
- Analyze and report the data in the format specified – excel, graphs, powerpoint, JMP.
- Documentation and maintenance of lab notebooks.
- Drafting of production procedures and QC methods to be transferred to manufacturing
- High level of productivity and a high level of confidence in the integrity of the data and information produced.
- Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant scientific discipline - Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry.
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferable in the area of library preparation for Next Generation Sequencing.
- Strong teamwork, technical, organization and communication skills