Talis is an exciting biomedical company that has developed an innovative, proprietary, point-of-care molecular diagnostics platform - we have also recently developed a rapid COVID-19 assay test that runs on this platform. We enable rapid testing across a wide range of healthcare settings. We are growing quickly to address the pandemic. Come and join us to make a significant impact during this public health crisis. Contribute and be a significant team member as we develop other assays and launch other pipeline products in the infectious disease area.
Our visionary team combines depth of experience with passion to deliver. Our pioneering tests are designed to enable caregivers to quickly detect infectious organisms and enable individualized care. From the doctor’s office to the hospital bedside, to remote care settings, we are re-defining the treatment of infectious diseases.
Talis is committed to excellence in advancing improved health outcomes. This commitment, along with a dynamic team culture, drives our mission to develop and commercialize novel approaches.
We are seeking talented, motivated, and driven individuals to join a collaborative effort to enable the development of rapid diagnostic tests. In this role, you will work closely with members of the assay team to develop new assays and/or improve the performance of existing ones. Reporting to the Senior Scientist/Technical Lead, the (Sr.) Research Associate (depending on experience) will follow and execute protocols with minimal supervision, gather and analyze data, and prepare reports summarizing experimental results. This position is 100% wet-lab work and has no direct reports.
This opportunity is in the broad field of molecular diagnostics and leverages our proprietary microfluidic system. Come and join us and showcase your scientific acumen and capabilities in a truly collaborative and supportive culture. This role is based in Menlo Park, California.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop new assays for the detection of microorganisms from different matrixes using isothermal amplification in our proprietary platform under tight deadlines.
- Work closely with other members of the team to conduct experiments in the areas of molecular biology and microbiology, among others. Key areas of focus include nucleic acid extraction, primer design and amplification using a variety of methods, including qPCR and ddPCR.
- Responsible for ensuring the complete and accurate recording of all experimental data and for maintaining the highest quality and integrity in our research.
- Conduct planning and execution of experiments and data analysis to achieve goals according to deadlines.
- Responsible for consolidating data and preparing presentations for internal review. Present results to stakeholders across the company as needed.
- Degree (BS or MS) in a relevant discipline (Infectious diseases, Molecular Biology, Molecular Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc.) or equivalent
- Post-graduate hands-on wet-lab experience in the areas of infectious diseases, molecular microbiology, virology, bacteriology, or related field is preferred. Final position will be based on experience of the candidate
- Hands-on knowledge of molecular biology with an emphasis in one or more of the following areas is required: nucleic acid extraction, qPCR, RT-qPCR, primer design and troubleshooting. Experience with isothermal amplification technologies is a plus
- Experience developing NAAT to detect microorganisms for point of care (POC) is a plus
- Excellent bench and data analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with positive attitude is a MUST
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DOE) is a plus
Talis offers excellent health and welfare benefits, stock options, a 401(k) program with immediate Company match, a rotating suite of snacks, other fun company events and more! Best of all, join us by working at a growing company like Talis with dedicated and collaborative employees committed to making a difference in Health Care.
Talis is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.