The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Excellent communications skills, including
- Ability to read and properly interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write technical reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to articulately respond to various inquiries or complaints from customers, co-workers, subordinates, and supervisors regarding products and processes.
2. Ability to readily manipulate mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical and statistical operations to tasks such as determination of test reliability and validity, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
3. Knowledge of and skill in the use computer software and hardware applications, including Microsoft products, Agilent instrument control and data analysis.
4. Skill in managing various projects; must use individual discretion in order to complete multiple work assignments under occasionally tight deadlines. Work collaboratively to establish priorities, set minimum standards for quality, and to accomplish general objectives within the Analytical Development group.
5. Working knowledge of cGMP guidelines as well as international regulations pertaining to the production of APIs and drug products is required.
6. Experience in the validation of analytical methods with respect to current pharmaceutical industry regulations is desired.
7. Principal knowledge of and extensive operational experience with analytical techniques including reverse-phase chromatography, ion-exchange chromatography, gel permeation chromatography, capillary gas chromatography, and mass spectrometry.
8. Experience in the analytical aspects of nucleic acid chemistry, specifically oligonucleotides, is highly desired.
9. Extensive experience in the analysis and data interpretation of oligonucleotides, proteins, or peptides using both high and low resolution mass spectrometers is desired
The Analytical Development Research Associate holds a B.S.,M.S., or Ph.D degree in chemistry or related field, along with ten or more years of related industry, government, or academic work experience. Further, prior experience working in a cGMP production environment is required.
Geo location: Boulder, CO
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status or any other protected categories under all applicable laws