Job Title: Research Associate
This individual is a Research Associate who will work with a team of research associates and scientist at AKESOgen. The Research Associate will work under the general direction of a Team Lead. This individual will perform extractions on a variety of sample types, equipment maintenance, solution and reagent preparation in addition to other tasks in laboratory. All duties are subject to change by managers during employment. The following is an outline and is not intended to be inclusive of all tasks that could be requested of employee.
Duties and responsibilities:
- A team player helping to construct, implement, and manage multiple experiments.
- Operate automated liquid handling platforms for sample processing, DNA/RNA extraction and quantification instruments.
- Complete projects under guidance of senior lab personnel.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized lab.
- Document and maintain records systematically such that they can be easily obtained when needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of the information before filing.
- Assist the team leads and scientists in related function.
- Assist in tracking, stocking and restocking inventory.
- Understand and follow OSHA, CLIA and CAP guidelines.
- Maintain instrumentation and the appropriate documentation for each instrument.
- Assist with the development of research newsletters, presentations, and reports as needed.
- Demonstrate a high level of ethics in all aspects of professional practice.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a clinical, health or life sciences field required. MS preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience in laboratory setting required.
- Previous experience in Nucleic acid extraction is a plus.
- A basic knowledge of good laboratory practices plus analytical and decision-making ability.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, computer skills, and organizational ability required.
- Ability to focus for long periods on a task, able to lift 50lbs, and willingness to learn.
- Excellent practical knowledge about the applications of scientific principles.
- Ability to trouble-shoot, investigate and report discrepancies to supervisor.
- Ability to work well in a group as well as carry out individual assignments.
The position requires work during
Week Days. Occasional weekends if required.