The Baylor College of Medicine Human Genome Sequencing Center (BCM-HGSC) is seeking to recruit a Research Associate to work in the Library Group.
The Library Construction group is responsible for preparation of samples for sequencing across multiple NextGen sequencing platforms. The position would principally involve DNA and RNA QC, construction of DNA and RNA libraries for Next-Generation sequencing pipelines (Illumina, Ion Torrent and PacBio), qPCR, sequence capture as well as work with Illumina genotyping arrays. The candidate should have strong molecular biology background and be able to work independently and within a team. Candidate may be required to lead a team/sub-team in the Library group to support the production pipeline and work under the direction of the Group Manager. The candidate should be able to work well in a team environment.
- Independently perform laboratory research projects, R &D experiments and production tasks.
- Test early access protocols and write evaluation reports.
- Troubleshoot experiments.
- Collect, compile, evaluate and analyze data.
- Design and conduct research experiments.
- Draft SOPs and summarize information in an appropriate format.
- Document experiment results and report to team lead.
- Oversee the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- May assign activities to less experienced research staff.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.