C2i Genomics is a fast-growing start-up developing an innovative solution for personalized real-time cancer detection and monitoring based on standard blood test. We address a burning unmet need for millions of patients with various types of cancer.
Our proprietary technology, based on pattern recognition in whole genome sequencing (WGS) data of cell-free DNA (cfDNA), provides oncologists with vital timely information about treatment success or failure months and even years before current monitoring methods are able to.
C2i Genomics is headquartered in NYC and is looking for a talented Research Associate to join its R&D Lab in Cambridge, MA in its mission to save lives by early detection of cancer recurrence and treatment failure.
The successful candidate will be part of a Clinical Laboratory team working on optimizing and implementing new genomic assay to detect ctDNA from patient samples. This technical position requires candidates to perform molecular biology laboratory work and recording result. Previous experience working with human tissue and cell samples desired. Experience in NGS workflow and sequencing library generation and associated skills are a must.
· Follow established NGS protocols in the laboratory.
· Generate DNA/RNA Sequencing libraries and associated QC metrics.
· Optimize and implement new molecular biology protocols.
· Extract Nucleic acids from clinical FFPE tissue samples/cells.
· Run and maintain NGS (Illumina) instruments
· Keep an organized workspace and maintain laboratory notebook.
· Participate in maintaining inventory and ordering lab supplies and reagents.
· Write, review, and revise documents in compliance with regulatory guidelines.