All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Support technology & process transfer, reagent formulation and QC methods into Consumables Manufacturing. This includes development, qualification and support of QC methods used to assess quality of raw materials, intermediates and/or finished goods.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with R&D, Engineering, Operations and Quality to develop and transfer reagent formulation and QC methods
- Use or develop and implement test methods to characterize new products and/or related manufacturing processes
- Support method transfer including instrumentation, software and specifications qualification, documentation development, and staff training
- Ensure process deliverables are completed within timelines for new product introduction
- Periodically provide testing support for product quality investigations
- Carry out complex data analysis and troubleshooting
- Attend technical team meetings related to new product transfer
- Keep detailed records and prepare presentations for mid and upper management, as directed
- Excel proficiency required for data management
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- BS/MS in analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, process chemistry, or chemical with a minimum of 5+ years relevant experience in biotech, IVD diagnostics and/or pharma.
Preferred Experiential Background:
- Extensive experience with many of following techniques: HPLC, LCMS, GCMS, Maldi-TOF, ICP-MS, UV/fluorescence spectroscopy, NMR, biochemical (enzyme) assays, Dynamic Light Scattering, Surface Tension, Viscosity, Rheometry.
- Experience with protein formulation and protein characterization methods.
- Experience writing technical documents such as standard operating procedures, working instructions, engineering and/or validation protocols and reports.
- Experience developing analytical methods and/or assembly processes for manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of regulatory (FDA/ISO) requirements for method development and validation as part of production process controls.
- Experience with statistics, Statistical Process Control and DOE techniques is desired.
- Detail oriented with GLP experience and excellent documentation practices.
- Ability to support complex projects with little oversight.
- Quality oriented, highly organized, and timeline driven.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment; easily adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships across multiple departments.
- Honest and strong work ethic is a must.
- Approachable, personable, non-abrasive personality highly desired.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.