Development and validation of PCR-based multiplex assays for FDA submission and clearance.
- Molecular Biology: real-time PCR, multiplex endpoint PCR, probe-based hybridization and detection
- Microbiology: bacteria cultures, handling BSL-II agents and clinical specimens for nucleic acid extraction
- Design, perform and evaluate experiments as instructed
- Determine and apply basic statistical techniques for data analysis
- Must maintain a laboratory note book according to GDP and be able to analyze assay results
- Prepare and order reagents and lab supplies
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
Works in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 20 lbs. May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals and infectious agents. Willingness to work overtime and flexible schedule as needed is a plus.