10x Genomics is seeking a highly-motivated individual to come join its chemistry team. This person will assist in performing advanced research that combines new approaches in chemistry, microfluidics, biochemistry, molecular biology and bioinstrumentation. They will meticulously execute and troubleshoot experiments that include: sample preparation, next-generation sequencing library construction, cell culture and handling, PCR, microfluidic device characterization, polymer synthesis and other routine molecular biology/analytical techniques. The Research Associate will also analyze data and assist in the preparation and delivery of presentations and reports along with maintaining detailed experimental documentation.
- Productive execution of well thought out experiments, accurate recording of results along with in-depth analysis and reporting of these results.
- Assist in design and implementation of robust chemistries which enable novel biochemical reactions in a microfluidic environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, biology and microfluidics for root cause analysis and process optimization.
- Establish orthogonal analytical assays for product and component characterization.
- Conduct stability, guard band, workflow variability and system verification testing.