We are searching for a highly motivated and team-oriented Research Associate to join our growing group in San Diego. As an RA at Helix, you will work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to develop robust, scalable genetic testing processes to be used in cutting-edge clinical genetics applications.
At Helix, you will:
- Execute Next Generation Sequencing methodologies and laboratory processes
- Participate in validation of test methods for existing and new products for the clinical lab
- Operate Next Generation Sequencing methodologies at production scale
- Document testing and laboratory procedures
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- BS degree in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
- 1-3 years laboratory experience in molecular genetics
- Exceptional molecular biology skills and understanding of experimental principals
- Ability to troubleshoot molecular techniques
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and capable of supporting cross-functional project goals
- Careful and accurate documentation of work
- Detail-oriented and organized, with an ability to implement complex protocols