PerkinElmer is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our Quantitative Pathology Services (QPS), Tissue Imaging team at the Center for Personalized Health & Innovation (cPHI) in Hopkinton, MA. This is an entry level position and is ideal for a recent college graduate with minimal experience. The successful candidate will be a member of dynamic team that provides laboratory services to clients. PerkinElmer provides staining with up to six antibodies utilizing our OPAL™ technology to provide unparalleled cellular/tissue imaging capabilities. The Quantitative Pathology Services, Tissue Imaging team focuses on assay development and optimization, imaging of stained slides, and image analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibilities involve sectioning of paraffin-embedded, formalin-fixed tissues.
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) staining of tissues.
- Imaging of IF slides
- General laboratory maintenance including managing inventory and regent preparation.
- Work with senior members of the team to design and carry out experiments, as well as, interpret and present the data.
- Presentation of findings to the Tissue Imaging team.
- Preparation of data for client reports.