10X Genomics is looking for an outstanding Research Associate to join its chemistry group. This individual will assist in performing advanced research for new approaches in biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry and bioinstrumentation. S/he will meticulously execute, and troubleshoot experiments that will include sample preparation, cell culture and handling, RT-PCR, PCR, library prep, sequencing, and other routine molecular biology techniques. The Research Associate will also analyze data and assist in the preparation and delivery of presentations and reports, and maintain detailed experiment documentation.
The successful applicant is highly motivated, with exceptional attention to detail. S/he must be able to work both independently and as a part of a team, and willing to shift focus between a variety of projects. Exceptional consideration will be given to individuals whose molecular understanding of complex NGS problems has led to fundamental advancements in existing technologies and/or the successful launch of commercial products.
- Develop applications and protocols for Single Cell Genomics.
- Develop, test and validate products for commercial release. Generate data to support marketing and sales.
- Work with computational biology personnel to interpret data and develop methods for data analysis.
- Analyze and collate complex data sets and effectively communicate conclusions.
- Present project plans and communicate status of ongoing projects to the company.