Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct laboratory work under general direction of supervisor
- Recognize potential problems, understand and troubleshoot assays
- Help plan, conduct, analyze, interpret, and report recommendations based on tested experimental results
- Assess information to ensure data sufficiency and completeness of results
- Help write experimental protocols, summaries and reports
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a scientific field.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of standard molecular biology/nucleic acid-based protocols for DNA
- Experience in IVD product development highly desirable
- Solid understanding of scientific principles
- Sound laboratory skills required
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to implement protocols and keep good notes in a lab notebook
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience with next generation sequencing technologies and sample preparation.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf