HJF is seeking an experienced Research Associate to support the next-generation sequencing and genomics methodologies in the Laboratory Core for the Collaborative Health Research Initiative Program (CHIRP) at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CHIRP projects.
- Plans and conducts genomic profiling experiments under the supervision of the Laboratory Core Manager.
- Evaluates input sample quality and generates diverse types of sequencing libraries from samples.
- Manages, initiates and conducts next-generation sequencing runs.
- Performs and interprets quality control of primary data and generates output data from bioinformatics pipeline.
- Investigates library and sequencing run failures and implements solutions.
- Maintains up-to-date training for laboratory protocols and workflows for genomic methodologies.
- Evaluates and tests bioinformatics pipelines for sequencing data outcomes.
- Conducts critical laboratory record keeping in laboratory notebooks and laboratory information management system.
- Performs routine data analysis and reporting.
- Assists with the report of experimental results for publication in technical and peer-reviewed journals.
- May provide guidance to lower level laboratory staff.
- Performs routine laboratory maintenance including individual regulatory training.