Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To develop new software tools for the integration, analysts and interpretation of a wide range of cancer clinical pathology relevant data sources such as microscopy images, analytical platforms data (genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, lipidomics, glycomics, etc), public and private data repositories, text mining of literature as well as clinical records, etc.
2. To implement new informatics approaches to knowledge extraction from multi-parameter analysis to improve data visualization, sumarisation and presentation as to be widely applicable to clinical practice
3. To devise new computational ways of translating analytical results into medically actionable insights.
4. Write up of scientific papers and software and the dissemination of the research findings in conferences and journals of international standing as well as end-users stakeholder groups.
5. Contribute to the Newcastle Molecular Pathology Node (NMPN) and Interdisciplinary Computing and Complex Biosystems (ICOS) research group research activities playing a role in identifying potential funding sources and prepare and write proposals for external funding and long-term sustainability of the post.
6. Assistance with supervision of doctoral and project students
7. Participation and organization of project-related field work and administrative work 8. Collaboration with other NMPN and ICOS members and with the main Health authority systems.