Performs responsible research work of a complex nature that requires planning, completing, and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
Essential functions and duties:
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- May develop and modify computer programs.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- May assign activities to less experienced research staff.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.