SCELSE seeks to recruit a High-Performance Computing Cluster Engineer. The main responsibilities of the position is to maintain and manage day-to-day operation of SCELSE high-performance computing cluster and minimize any potential disruption which will affect the continuity of computational activities related to SCELSE research.
- Ensure that all cluster hardwares are working properly
- Respond to any hardware failures effectively and efficiently
- Maintain relations with vendors who oversee the initial installation of the hardwares
- Ensure that all cluster softwares are working properly
- Handle any software installations and updates onto the cluster
- Optimize the interconnectivity of softwares and hardwares in the cluster
- Respond to any software failures effectively and efficiently
- Implement HPC policy onto the cluster softwares effectively
- Ensure the connectivity of sequencing machines to the cluster
- Perform sequencing data management in the cluster (e.g. archival, cleanup, rearrangement, etc.)
The engineer will have to oversee and maintain rack servers, SMP servers, storage controller with additional storage enclosures and switches. In addition to the hardwares, the engineer will need to maintain subclusters and filesystems used by 10-20 person.