Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent's Companion Diagnostics Business (CDx) partners closely with leading pharmaceutical companies to develop, manufacture and commercialize in vitro diagnostic devices, which are a critical part of precision medicine. The CDx business serves to support the development of targeted cancer therapies.
We are looking for a hardworking and dedicated biologist/biochemist to join the CDx Group in our R&D Department. You will provide technical support to develop accurate, robust and precise assays. Your challenge will be to build value for Agilent through innovative ideas that either create new businesses or improve existing ones. You will work in a cross-functional team on the following activities:
- Providing technical support to develop immunohistochemistry assays, in situ hybridization assays, and possibly molecular biology-based assays
- Assisting with technical design assignments within feasibility projects, development projects and technology development projects in the CDx division
- Carrying out technical design tasks that require use of planning and judgment
- Solving technical design problems
- Understanding and implementing our quality management system framework. Quality is our passion
- Carrying out experiments including planning, execution, quantitative data analysis and reporting
- Ensuring success through collaboration with your team
This position is on-site in Carpinteria