23andMe is seeking a talented research assistant to help manage our research studies. This person will lead communications with research participants and support varied aspects of study execution. As needed, this person may also develop web-based interfaces for engaging research participants. Accordingly, the individual must possess a diverse set of skills and interests, including a passion for working with research participants, excellent written and verbal communication abilities, and superb organizational skills. Facility with coding is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the personal genomics industry, while contributing to ground-breaking genetics research.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Conduct eligibility screening for research studies.
- Serve as a patient/participant liaison for our research cohorts: communicates with research participants by phone and email to address concerns and facilitate research study participation; investigates and resolves participant issues.
- Collaborate with colleagues in research, marketing, engineering, and customer care to develop and implement engagement, recruitment and enrollment strategies.
- Perform tasks for study operations, such as compensation, data collection, and IRB submissions.
- As needed, develop and maintain web-based interfaces for participant recruitment and enrollment.
- Communicate relevant issues and progress to multiple stakeholders and project leads.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.