The Hinson laboratory at The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine in Farmington, CT is seeking a talented Research Assistant III, experienced in stem cell and molecular biology. The focus of the Hinson laboratory is to understand the molecular and genetic basis of inherited cardiac disorders. We employ diverse approaches but we are particularly focused on the development of novel, biomimetic tissue models of cardiomyopathy using disease-specific induced pluripotent stem cells (iPScs). The Hinson lab is ideally seeking a highly-motivated individual who has prior experience with human iPSc handling and experimentation.
- Applies knowledge of the scientific principles, methods and processes (technical and/or theoretical) to conduct a systematic and objective inquiry including experimental design, data collection and analysis; operate instruments and equipment; and use of related information technology.
- Performs tests, procedures and experiments applying specialized skills, knowledge and equipment; modifies and refines techniques and procedures to meet research objectives; manages multiple, concurrent projects or a multi-faceted project. Trouble shoots new protocols.
- Monitors and maintains sample databases, collects research data to assess accuracy, validity, and integrity.
- Coordinates and manages facilities, equipment, supplies and related resources; monitors environmental risks and quality control; understands and complies with safety standards to maintain a safe environment.
- Clearly and concisely conveys information verbally and in written form; effectively presents ideas to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the information and message. Presents research results and summaries; adheres to reporting requirements of research project(s).