The Research and Development Intern, under direct supervision, will assist in conducting bench scientific experimentation that advances the basic science of nucleic acids and nucleic acid biochemistry and assist with development and characterization of new IDT products (not limited to nucleic acid based).
- Executes bench experiments using variety of molecular biology, cell biology, biochemical and general laboratory techniques or create/modify or engage in analytical data pipeline generation and operation of software.
- Conducts experimentation in the synthesis, purification, and characterization of oligonucleotides or proteins.
- Analyzes, summarizes and communicates experimental results/scientific data.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of experimental work.
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory cleanliness and equipment; including but not limited to washing and storage of glass/plastic ware and autoclaving non-hazardous biological waste.
- Acts as an aid to other Research Scientist in the execution of scientific experiments.
- Prepares laboratory reagents for use.
- Grows bacterial cultures.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life sciences field required.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life sciences field preferred.
- Previous relevant lab experience in molecular biology, biology, biochemistry, chemistry or other scientific discipline preferred.
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Familiarity with DNA sequence analysis/bioinformatics applications preferred.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and maintain several projects at one time.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Adaptability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.