Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The Human Biology Division is in search of a Research Administrator to support a newly hired assistant member faculty.
The Research Administrator II proactively provides compliant and effective funding, budget and regulatory administration and general administrative support for one or several Principal Investigators and their labs/departments. The Research Administrator II works under general direction, partnering with Principal Investigators and interfacing with other departments as needed to provide research administration. Works in an autonomous manner to complete non-scientific grant content and tasks.
- Develop, monitor, track and project complex multi variable budgets
- Develop custom report formats to share information with the team/department
- Run and analyze reports to identify issues
- Approve budgets and expenses as required
- Partner with finance to resolve identified budget and expense issues
Funding Source Administration
- Lead the grant submission process by conducting key tasks such as: creation and communication of timelines to appropriate stakeholders, completion of non-technical - portions of submission, and oversight of institutional signoff
- Perform key post award activities such as: Interpreting the notice of award, flagging unique aspects or budget adjustments and monitoring and adjusting the teams' - commitments across the portfolio of projects based on awards
- Manage renewal timelines and ensure completion of regulatory documents in a timely manner
- Identify necessary regulatory components of submissions, confirm that required items are in place and escalate issues as needed
- Determine impact of and develop implementation plans in response to applicable regulatory changes and/or revisions to Center policies and procedures
- May serve as a central point of contact to answer questions, escalating issues as needed
- Complete or delegate key administrative tasks such as travel coordination, editing CVs and publications, purchasing and maintenance of supplies and equipment
- Identify administrative issues for discussion with leadership
- Assist with the development of lower level staff
- May assist in the training and development of team members
- High School Diploma Required
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Two years of relevant experience required, four years preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office/Adobe
- Working knowledge of Excel formulas and functions such as creating formulas and working with Pivot Tables
- Ability to edit SharePoint sites or basic web pages
- Knowledge/prior experience with Enterprise Software Systems
- Ability to source data from systems and generate customized reports
- Efficiently planning, organizing, and prioritizing your work as well as that of others
- Ability to tailor communications to specific audiences
- Ability to navigate complex internal systems and department
- Basic budgetary knowledge (ability to reconcile, manage, report budget information, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of accounting terminology
- Prior experience or exposure to grant writing/applications including the knowledge of Uniform Guidance, and government funding rules-
- Prior experience as a research administrator preferably in academia with a principal investigator
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory guidelines such as IRB, IACUC, MUA
- Knowledge of Fred Hutch funding rules and policies
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE