We are looking for an Insurance Reimbursement Specialist. The Insurance Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for collecting on all outstanding balances for a specific group of payers to assure maximum reimbursement.
- Works aged accounts 30-120 day, processes appeals or corrected claims, researches and reconciles credit balance accounts, and processes adjustments as needed.
- Interacts with patients, clinicians, insurers, Reimbursement Supervisor and Billing management to ensure timely collection of accounts.
- Must be comfortable taking inbound and making outbound phone calls.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance plan.
- Complies with applicable CLIA and HIPAA regulations.
- 3-5 years of experience working in medical billing, health insurance or collections with demonstrated results.
- Insurance billing experience is preferred.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills.
- Time management skills a must.
- Excellent customer service and phone skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, multitasking, and teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding (preferred but not required).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.