The Transition Nursing Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day operations, quality assurance and setting the standards for the nursing care of blood and marrow transplant patients during their transitions throughout the transplant program. This position provides direct patient care in addition to program development and supervisory responsibilities.
Independently responsible for the direct supervision of nurse Transition Planners, and Specialty RN Support PSR. This includes hiring, training, discipline, termination and performance evaluations. Makes operational and procedural decision with input from the Transplant Clinic Nurse Manager.
This position collaborates with medical leaders, peers and colleagues at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) as well as our partner institutions (FHCRC, UWMC and SCH) to assure the provision of high quality, patient and family-centered care in an environment that facilitates the conduct of clinical research.
- Able to perform all responsibilities of Transition RN role. Clinically manages a patient case load.
- Develop and implement a patient/family transition program that includes the discharge program.
- Develop nursing standards for patient/family and caregivers transitioning through areas of care.
- Collaborate with other nursing programs in the areas of education, clinical practice, leadership and research.
- Develop nursing care planning and communication tools to facilitate the transition process.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives of patient/family care throughout transitions.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure continuity of patient/family care throughout transition.
- Serve as contact for insurance company throughout transplant process.
- Function as primary contact for home infusion and skilled nursing facilities.
- Provide utilization review for transplant patients during the outpatient phase.
- Supervise the nurse Transition planners and the Nursing PSR.
- Functions as a resourse to other Transition RNs for difficult or unusual cases.
- Fosters teamwork within the program.
- Performs all aspects of personnel management, including interviewing, hiring, performance evaluations, and compensation review.
- Monitors staff attendance and time off schedules.
- Regularly conducts staff meetings.
- Assists staff in prioritizing workloads.
- Develops and oversees orientation and training plan for new employees.
- Develops continuing education materials and processes.
- Provides feedback to Nurse Manager regarding staff performance and program issues
- Serves and participates on SCCA work teams and committees as appropriate.
HIPPA - Patient Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary patient identifiable information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
HIPPA - Employee Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of, and maintains confidentiality of employee information and SCCA strategic plans and initiatives, financial information or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize employee rights or organization's operations. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary employee and organization information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
- Current Washington State Nursing License
- Excellent communication & teaching skills
- BSN required
- MSN preferred
- 3 years of experience in Bone Marrow Transplant or oncology required
- Past supervisory or charge experience strongly preferred
Experience in following areas preferred:
- Health Insurance Industry
- Home health care
- Discharge planning,
- Patient/family education,
Basic computer skills (Outlook, ORCA, etc)
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2222926-2647-1721