EXCEPTIONAL CANCER CARE, EXCEPTIONAL NURSES
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. These three organizations have worked together to support their mission of world class adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Please join us and be part of making a difference in the lives of our patients, families, and community!
At Seattle Cancer Care Alliance every patient, every life matters. Our dedicated nurses are a driving force making SCCA a global leader in the prevention, treatment, and cure of cancer. Our nurses rank among leading experts in oncology. Our nurses provide exceptional patient and family-centered care as they coordinate and assist in individualized treatment. They integrate care with support for the research and development of innovative therapies. Embarking with each patient on a journey through cancer treatment and survival, our compassionate nurses walk hand-in-hand with courage and hope with each individual to ensure the best possible patient outcome.
"Like our world-renowned physicians and researchers, SCCA's nurses set a world-class standard in their field, and a very high bar across an incredibly diverse range of professional skills. Our nurses bring a unique kind of compassion to their work, rooted in a profound understanding of the very human challenge our patients and their families are going through. They provide a depth of knowledge and insight that ensure our patients are well educated about the prevention and care of cancer, and empowered to make the best decisions before, during, and well after recovery from cancer. They strive for nursing excellence because they demand that level of performance from themselves, each other, and the rest of us. SCCA has always known that nurses are the backbone of our patient care, and, because of that, we have had a historic commitment to nurses practicing at the top of their license. That commitment is even stronger today."
- Angelique Richard, R.N., Ph.D., Chief Nurse Executive and Vice President of Clinical Operations
Our nurses are vital to the journey of cancer care. We invite you to explore our career opportunities and apply online for more information.
Provide transition and discharge teaching/planning for patients along the HSCT continuum. Care planning includes assessment, evaluation and integration of care with a multi-disciplinary team, focusing on continuity of care throughout the system. Interface with home infusion / homecare agencies and SNFS.
- Able to provide Transition Planning services at the UWMC, and the SCCA Clinic
- Participate in assessment and evaluations of patient/family care throughout transitions.
- Participate in the nursing coordination for individual patient/families transitioning to various areas of care.
- Coordinate patient care plans with home infusion agencies, home care agencies and skilled facilities.
- Document assessments, interventions, plan in the Medical Record after each patient encounter.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure continuity of patient/family care throughout transition.
- Teach classes for patients and families both on a 1-on-1 basis and in a classroom setting.
- Function as liaison with insurance company case managers throughout transplant process including providing outpatient utilization review updates as needed.
- Communicates in a respectful and effective manner with other staff. (See Transition Nursing Department norms)
- Act as Transplant Clinic ambassador to Inpatient Units.
- Facilitates as smooth a transition as realistically possible.
- Support a patient and family centered philosophy
- Listen to concerns of patient /families and/ caregivers in an objective manner.
- Review complicated discharges with Transition Supervisor to develop an overall plan and promote a consistent message.
- Informs Transition SWupervfisor of high-risk patient situations or operational issues.
- Discuss discharges briefly at beginning of each day with other Transition RN's and assume appropriate workloads.
- Follows report guidelines for transition.
- Serves as a resource regarding transition to all team members caring for patients undergoing Transplant.
- Flexible in incorporating patient care outside own assignment to assist with patient care needs within the Transition Team.
- Demonstrates appropriate problem solving when working with other departments.
- Follows and implements policies and standards of the Transition Program.
Maintaining And Developing Own Skills
- Participates in continuing education programs.
- Keeps current in area of expertise through journals, books, and conferences.
- Participates in professional organizations.
HIPPA - Patient Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary patient identifiable information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
HIPPA - Employee Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of, and maintains confidentiality of employee information and SCCA strategic plans and initiatives, financial information or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize employee rights or organization's operations. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary employee and organization information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
Current Washington State Nursing License
Excellent communication & teaching skills
Past nursing experience required
3 years of experience in Bone Marrow Transplant or oncology strongly preferred
Experience in following areas preferred:
- Health Insurance Industry
- Home health care
- Discharge planning,
- Patient/family education,
Basic computer skills (Outlook, ORCA, etc)
Benefits at a Glance
- Comprehensive medical and vision insurance plans; dental insurance plan which includes 90% of the dentists in Washington State; subsidized health insurance for families and domestic partners
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance; voluntary group long-term care insurance; employee assistance and wellness programs
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care (daycare) expenses
- 403(b) retirement savings plans including 7% employer paid contributions after one year and 1,000 hours of service (no employee contribution is required!)
- 12 paid vacation days accrued during the first year of employment; an additional day per year is added to the accrual rate until the maximum accrual of 22 days per year is reached (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Accrue 8 sick hours per month after one month employment during first year of employment (until the end of your first calendar year); accrue 12 sick hours per month for second and third calendar years; accrue 14.66 sick hours per month each calendar year thereafter (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Funding support for continuing education, conferences, specialty certification, and nursing scholarship
- Organizational support for nursing research, including leadership participation, in professional nursing organizations.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities such as Medical Grand Rounds, scientific presentations, and visiting scholar lectures
- Nursing Grand Rounds offered quarterly, featuring national leaders in nursing
- Subsidized annual transportation pass for use on Metro, Community Transit, Pierce Transit, Sound Transit and Metro vanpools; reduced parking costs for vanpools and carpools
- Local merchant discounts including health clubs, retail, and service providers
- On-site childcare through Hutch Kids
- Hometown Home Loan Program through HomeStreet Bank
- Facility amenities including bike racks, shower rooms, on-site coffee bar, and cafeteria
- Paid relocation may be available for certain positions
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2358058-2647-1121